NZATD BAY OF PLENTY/WAIKATO BRANCH
The NZATD Bay of Plenty/Waikato Branch serves a large geographical area and so we aim to hold meetings in various parts of our regions to support and network our diverse members in the Learning & Development profession.
Our members are the cornerstone of our association and we use a variety of online and face to face methods to help people make connections and to learn from each other. The Branch is committed to the Learning & Development Function for Aotearoa NZ by:
- casting the correct L&D image and have our stakeholders sight us as the AUTHORITY in People & Performance.
- building an environment that sustains more value creation for organisations in New Zealand and ultimately more prosperity for its people.
- lifting New Zealand’s competitiveness for the prosperity of our regions in the context of Aotearoa NZ’s cultural heritage.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES
The Branch seeks to deliver relevant, engaging professional development activities each month, where possible. We do this by offering a series of events and activities to enhance:
- Learning Mastery: includes eLearning & Technology; Training Impact & Effectiveness-Instructional Design/Facilitation Skill, Learning Styles/Tools; Training Trends & Economic Relevance; etc.
- Development Mastery includes Organisational Development/Behaviour/Design; Leadership Management & Development, Employee Engagement & Development; Change Management; Diversity, Culture & Capability; Team Management & Development; Performance & Appraisal Management; Government Efficacy; Business Efficiency; Productivity, Innovation-Service/Product Quality, ROI; Training Trends & Economic Relevance; etc.
The Association has moved into competence-based professional development and has initiated a Key Competency Framework for our profession. The focus is to pay attention to specialised fields in L&D to ensure that employees’ skills and competencies stay at the highest performance levels to help organisations weather any storm(s), and thereby aids with positioning them to soar above the competition in better times.
Our Branch invites Leaders, L&D/T&D professionals and practitioners to join and contribute to our knowledge networks and discussions across the Bay of Plenty and Waikato regions.
To find out more about the upcoming activities, please refer to the Events Calendar.
NZATD Bay of Plenty/Waikato Branch Committee
President: Sue Dark
Committee: Sonia Appleby-Maine, Karen Bain, Jo Lascelles, Joanne Ostler, Sue Page and Nic Peacocke.