Background of the Trust
The NZATD Education Trust was established with the profits of the 1985 Wellington conference. As NZATD was being established at this stage, the conference was floated and underwritten by the individuals on the conference committee. When the conference achieved a healthy profit the committee voted to establish the Trust.
Although the Trust uses the NZATD name, it is an independent legal entity. Its purpose is to foster and advance the principles, methods and practical aspects of training and development. As a charitable trust, the trustees must ensure that they are contributing to the whole of the training and development community, not just members of NZATD.
The Trust has four permanent trustees. The NZATD President and NZATD Treasurer are ex-officio trustees. Over the years they have provided grants to:
- train a voluntary organisation in experiential methods
- relocate an Access radio studio
- train museum officers
- develop case studies for a university based research project
- literature searches
- attend overseas conferences
- develop the NZATD Provider Directory
- contribute to the development of this NZATD website